A few months ago, I got into the habit of always having dry cereal (I don’t like milk) or toast and found that I just wasn’t enjoying breakfast as much as I should. Breakfast has now become my favourite meal of the day, I love experimenting with different granolas, fruit and other healthy alternatives. This is another one of those experimental recipes, using the basis of my Chocolate and Banana Pancakes I added more oats and tried adding fruit (other than bananas) to it.
Ingredients for 1 Pancake
roughly 1 cup rolled oats
1 ripe banana
1 tsp ground cinnamon
large handful of blueberries
runny honey and more fruit to top
- Mush the banana in a bowl and mix together with the egg, cinnamon and oats using a fork.
- Then mix in the blueberries, I like to pierce the skin but leave them as large berries in the mixture.
- Heat up a small frying pan on a medium heat, using a small amount of oil or butter.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and fry (still on a medium heat) for a few minutes until the pancake becomes firm enough to flip.
- The pancake should be firm and brown when cooked. I like to serve mine with fresh fruit and runny honey.